While the content of your nursing resume should always be your highest priority, as these two nursing resume examples show, modern design can completely transform your resume and give you an unbeatable edge in the job market.
What should your nursing resume include for content? Here are some ideas (you can see how to incorporate these items by reviewing our nursing resume examples):
- Your Nursing Degrees, Certifications & Trainings: For example Nursing Assistant (CNA), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Registered Nurse (RN), and Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN).
- Your Medical Areas of Expertise: For example Orthopedics, Geriatrics, Holistic Wellness, Occupational Therapy, Cardiology, Maternity, Surgery, Dermatology, etc.
- Procedures and Treatments You Have Expertise with: For example, Dialysis, Acute and Chronic Care, Emergency Care, Infection Control, Ambulatory Care, Cancer Treatment, Pain Management, etc.
- Medical Units That You Have Experience in: Intensive Care (ICU), Emergency Room (ER), Neonatal, Operating Rooms, Triage, etc.
- Other Healthcare Related Skills & Expertise: For example, Inpatient Care, Disaster Relief, Patient Relations, Educational Workshops, Case Management, Grant Writing, Patient Assessments, etc.
- Types of Facilities You Have Worked in: For example, hospitals, treatment centers, nursing homes, residential care facilities, hospice facilities, clinics, etc.
Like any other resume, your nursing resume should also include a listing of your employment experience with job descriptions and accomplishments.
The example nursing resumes shown on this page provide strong examples of accomplishments on a nursing resume. As you assess your nursing experience for accomplishments, think in terms of what you may have improved or increased. For example, have you improved the care of patients in some way? Improved patient outcomes? Created a more positive work environment? Strengthened communications with patients and their families? Managed time more effectively than your co-workers? Dig deep. The more achievements you can include on your nursing resume, the better.
If there is anything unique about the patients you work with, include this information too. Too illustrate, take a look at the first example nurse resume on this page. This RN specialized in working with under-served patient populations and emphasized this fact right at the beginning of the resume.
As you write your job descriptions, include key facts about the facilities you have worked in as well, such as the number of beds in the hospital or unit and the number of patients you provided services for in any given time period.
As you write your resume be conscious of the fact that your resume is likely to be entered into an applicant tracking system (ATS). For this reason, you should make sure your resume is keyword optimized and also structured in an ATS-friendly way.
A common myth is that an ATS-friendly resume must be plain, with no design or embellishment. Nothing could be further from the truth. Both of the example nursing resumes on this page are ATS-friendly in addition to being very eye-appealing for the human reader.
The designs of these example resumes are based on this nursing resume template and this healthcare resume template, both from Distinctive Resume Templates. A great resume ALWAYS begins with great content, but once your content is written, you can completely transform your resume with a resume design template.
Are you ready to bring your nursing resume to the next level? Hiring resume help and having your resume professionally written is an investment that will pay off many times over. Book a free resume writing consultation today to learn more.
If you found these example nursing resumes inspiring, you may also have an interest in reviewing other example resumes from our portfolio. Some popular examples include this example investment banking resume, telecommunications industry resume, finance and operations executive resume, general manager resume, administrative assistant resumes, legal resume, information technology resume, nonprofit executive resume, human resources resume, technical writer resume, advertising agency resume, restaurant manager resume, and insurance industry resume.
If you are feeling overwhelmed about writing your resume, stop! We are here to help you. Just schedule a free resume writing consultation to learn more about how our resume writing services can be of help to you.