A VISUAL RESUME WITH INFOGRAPHIC ELEMENTS CAN BE A GREAT TOOL FOR NETWORKING
See Examples of the Difference a Professional Resume Can Make
Visual Resume Project Brief
Consider using a visual resume that includes infographic elements such as charts, graphs, graphics, and colors as an eye-catching alternative to a more traditional text-based networking resumes. Networking resumes can be used in all your networking activities as a handout to contacts when you do not want to use your longer, more traditional resume.
As you design your visual resume, think strategically about exactly what parts of your background and qualifications you want to draw attention to. In this visual resume example, we used design to showcase major qualifications and accomplishments. If you were the recipient of this document, what does glancing through it quickly tell you? Here are just a few of the key points:
- Bill is an executive and the principal of a consulting firm that specializes in telecommunications solutions.
- Specifically, he works with hospitals and healthcare organizations and leads them in the conversion of Cisco Unified Communications (UC) solutions.
- The expertise that he brings to the table is broad and includes applications development, conversions, application integrations, and enterprise deployments.
- Some of the benefits he delivers to his clients ate accourate estimation, faster execution, lower costs, more accuracy, and limited downtime – and he has the numbers to prove these claims.
- He manages the entire scope of projects from start to finish.
If you were in Bill’s professional network, simply from this quick look at his visual resume, you understand him and his consulting business and expertise better than you ever have before, and you are now more capable of speaking on Bill’s behalf if you refer him or introduce him to people in your network. You are also able to email people in your network copies of Bill’s powerful visual resume, so they can better understand Bill’s offerings. This, of course, helps Bill grow his own network wider and wider, and gets the word of his consulting services out to more people than ever before.