Last Updated on
Conducting a long distance job search can be challenging indeed. We have compiled a list of 7 considerations to help you get your long distance job search right the first time.
In summary, our best tips for looking for a job long distance:
- Use the internet to learn about possible openings in the geographic location in which you hope to land a job.
- Edit your resume so it isn’t obvious you are seeking a job in a location where you don’t currently live.
- Research and target companies proactively.
- Make sure to read local newspapers and local news sites on the internet.
- Plan a trip to the area and set up informational interviews, to help expand your local network. Leverage your LinkedIn connections to meet other people in the area.
- Consider temporary or consulting work to make your move sooner rather than later.
- Be familiar with the cost of living in the area to help you with your salary negotiations.